What is now known as Willet Hauser Architectural Glass® goes back to its roots in 1898 when William Willet and his wife Anne Lee founded The Willet Stained Glass and Decorating Co. (now Willet Hauser Architectural Glass®) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Shortly thereafter, the studio was relocated to Philadelphia.
Willet windows today can be found in churches and historic buildings in all 50 states and 14 foreign countries. Among the thousands of Willet creations are windows in the National Cathedral and the National Presbyterian Church in Washington DC; St. John the Divine Cathedral and the chapel at the United Nations in New York; and Grace and St. Mary’s Cathedrals in San Francisco, CA. For the 1964 New York World’s Fair, the Studio designed and fabricated the panels for an entire nine-story building constructed of faceted glass.